MetaProducts Inquiry makes Internet research a snap! Collect, organize and view information from the Web on your terms, quickly and easily. A Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista application, it is fully integrated with Microsoft Internet Explorer and is also available as a standalone application. Inquiry is also available from the right-click context menu in Mozilla, Netscape, FireFox, Maxthon and Opera browsers. Inquiry stores various Web files: entire web pages, selected text and images, Shockwave Flash clips and many others. It can also import documents from your MSIE Favorites and export them to various formats to share with friends and colleagues. Forget cumbersome open and close dialog boxes. Managing your stored pages is quick and easy.
You access Inquiry simply by clicking a button on the MS Internet Explorer toolbar or Inquiry Sidebar. A single click saves the page you are currently browsing, or your selected text or images. You can choose to display or hide the Inquiry Sidebar by selecting the Internet Explorer Toolbars menu entry from the View menu and then selecting Inquiry Bar. Besides that you can drag-and-drop a selection of a Web page to either save the selection or to store all pages linked to the selection. Inquiry stores pages much faster than the regular Internet Explorer Save As feature.
Inquiry allows you to quickly search in all collected pages and displays the search results in a separate tree folder, allowing you to view them later. It is also easy to organize your stored items as you wish, divide them by theme and purpose, sort in the order you need using drag & drop or using standard ordering methods. Information stored in Inquiry never expires or disappears. Even if the Web site stops responding or the contents change, you will be able to browse the pages just as they were stored originally. You can also save web sites for offline browsing with the help of the AutoSave mode - when it is enabled, all pages you browse will be automatically stored in a special folder in Inquiry.
- The Save Page button allows you to save a page with just one click.
- Drag-and-drop page icon to the Inquiry side panel in MS Internet Explorer
- Right-click inside a page and use its context menu to store the page.
- Drag a selection with links to download and store all pages linked to the selection.
- You can append the current page contents or a selection on the page to another page.
- Use the Auto Save button to automatically store all pages you browse to a special folder.
- Edit pages visually to remove unwanted banners, menus, etc.
- Create an unlimited number of folders and subfolders to organize stored pages.
- Add custom comments, keywords and other information to each page.
- Search within saved pages for keywords.
- Sort pages within folders by URL, Title, Date or manually.
- View saved pages with a single click.
- Copy, move, delete or rename pages.
- Use icons to mark stored pages.
- Export a page or a whole folder to HTML Help (CHM), MHT, Compressed EXE viewer or a collection of HTML pages.
- Create backup files to keep reserved copies or to transfer information to another computer.
- Extract all images from saved pages to a folder.
- Send a page by E-mail or transfer it to MS Word.
- You can select multiple saved pages in Inquiry Professional Edition and print them with a single command. No need to browse each page separately in order to print it!
Inquiry Professional Edition 1.8.470 Service Release 1 - 8/19/2008
- Improved saving the selected text
- Improved import from FireFox ScrapBox
- Added ability to specify exported CHM file language
- Improved export to exe files
- Added support for FireFox 3 bookmarks
- Added browser page refresh when its selection gets saved
- Bug Fix: Fixed error when exporting a broken html page
- Bug Fix: Fixed exporting pages to exe with Unicode filename
- Bug Fix: Fixed exporting pages with non-standard frames to chm file
- Bug Fix: Fixed rare exception when pages are imported
OS: Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista